Can the upgrade of the internet speed be effective now, because of COVID-19?

Ken H. #15642
Ken H. #15642 Posts: 1 ✭✭
Since we are confined, we all have to "zoom" at the same time. I have a family of 5. It lags incredibly!
My plan starts on the 4th of each month, so the speed upgrade I need now will be effective only in 27 days!
This will make our work/school almost impossible to achieve... is it possible to get the upgrade right now?
I'm willing to pay as if my plan had been upgraded as of the 4th of january if necessary!
Thanks!

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Hi ken

This was possible in the spring/summer 2020

The lag can be something else, if you have at lease 15 mbps, and you have problems, you need to go and take the 120 mbps, since I believe that your problem is the upload and not the download

Try to chat with the support only them they can help you out

In case of problem, you can contact Fizz support by chat

1- Log in to your account (see top right).
    2- Any ad blocker in your browser must be disabled.
    3- You must be on a help sheet: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue
    4- The green bubble should appear in bottom right of the page
  • PsykoB
    PsykoB Posts: 435 ✭✭
    Don't know why they removed this option... weird.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Try to chat with support. I am sure they can somehow help you given the extraordinary circumstances we are in right now.
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Try to reach out to support. I am sure they can help you given the extraordinary circumstances we are facing right now.
  • vgStef
    vgStef Posts: 162 ✭✭
    Strange. Where do you see that the upgrade will be in 27 days?
    This fall, I upgraded my internet and it took only 24 hrs.
    Have you already ordered the upgrade?
  • Ken, I suggest you to contact support, should be automatized. Best luck
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Ken

As others mention, feel free to contact Fizz support regarding this issue.

It appears that Fizz had offered this option at the start of the pandemic. However unfortunately, anyone asking for this recently has to wait until their next plan renewal.

In the meantime, when possible you can disable HD video when using Zoom. If the lag is during upload, you can choose to turn off your camera when it's not needed. This may help to reduce the lag until your plan can be upgraded.
This discussion has been closed.