speed internet probleme lagg - Netflix

I have hard time to check Netflix each time I open the app the internet shut down and i'ts more shity between 11h to 12h and 17h to like 20h and again at 23h I'm not paying for internet to not work at the time I want it the most I would like to someone contact me or I will choose a compagnie who give me what I pay for.
Thanks

Answers

• PierDuc
    PierDuc Posts: 1,554 ✭✭
    Hello Jessika,
    Sorry you are experiencing problems with your internet service. What speed do you pay for ? Is it enough for Netflix ?
    I have the 120/20 speed and never have any problems watching Netflix or streaming in general.
    If you wish to contact Fizz support with this, first, you have to log into your Fizz account.
    Make your way to the Solution Hub.
    On the help page pertaining to your issue, click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner.
    The chat service is available every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The chat bubble won’t appear outside of these business hours.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭
    Hi Jessika

Please unplug the Fizz modem from the wall outlet for 2 minutes. Then restart it and try a speedtest using a device connected to the modem by ethernet cable.

If the problem continues, you can try factory reset of the modem by pressing and holding down the small button behind the modem for 10+ seconds with a sharp object like paper clip.

Keep in mind that the maximum speed of your plan is the total bandwidth speed shared among all users in your home.
  • Yes Mike We restrat the modem easily once a day and or unplug it or push the button and it's not working.
  • I have a connection of 120 mps I and it was less a moth ago and I have less difficulty with it...
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Jessika

Sorry you are having internet issues.

Try to connect to your modem with ethernet cable or with the Fizz app, this will give you an accurate measure for the speed test.

Does the speed issue happen with wifi only or also with ethernet connection?

If the problem is happening with wifi only, you may benefit from disabling auto channel selection in your modem admin settings, and selecting a specific channel. You can find the channel which is least congested by using a smart phone and downloading a WiFi analyzer app, which will show you the channel usages of nearby devices.

If there is no improvement, you can contact customer support by chat at anytime 24/7:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-connected-my-device-using-network-cable-my-internet-connection-slow-how-do-i-fix-it
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Hi,
    Is your problem resolved? If not, please let us know. If yes, please chose the best answer and that will close this topic. Have a great day !
This discussion has been closed.