No Internet for two weeks ?

My internet connection was interrupted two weeks ago.
the router has an IP address but cannot ping a public IP address. The lights are cyan for download, blue for download, and green for Internet. Customer service said my plan is active and should work fine.
The technician checked the problem twice (I'm assuming they only work Monday) and I'm assuming he copied and pasted the MAC address to their system to fix the problem, without checking if the internet is working or no. (They replied by email that the MAC address is up to date )
The real question is what kind of incompetents work as technicians ? They solved the ticket (twice) without solving the problem.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    I’m sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. Did you try to manually reset the router on your end ?
  • Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭
    They use the same techs as Videotron, it's a 3rd party company to both (subcontractors) so they are not really incentivized to give great service so much as to do as many tickets as possible.
  • StefanM
    Well said, Emmanuel :D
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Aziz

Sorry you are having internet issues.

Based on your description of the modem lights configuration, your modem should be working fine.

Are you able to try connecting a device (laptop or computer) to the modem via ethernet cable?

If the problem continues, you can try a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press and hold on the small button found behind the modem for 10+ seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection. Be aware that you may need to redo the modem configuration.

More info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭
    Are you sure that the problem is not your device connected to the modem?
  • Sharpie22
    Sharpie22 Posts: 401 ✭✭
    I hope the problem has been solved!!!
  • StefanM
    @sharpie22
    Seems like it :-)
  • Aziz C. #37455
    Aziz C. #37455 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I tried to reboot, reset the modem, connect with the wifi, the Ethernet... ( NO internet)
    I tried to ping on public IP (Like 8.8.8.8) with the router itself (192.168.0.1 -> Admin -> Diagnostics) but it failed.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Aziz

Please also check your Fizz account to ensure your plan payments are up-to-date.

For this issue, you will have to notify Fizz support:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a help link page from Fizz Solution Hub: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
This discussion has been closed.