How do I get someone to help me with my slow connection?

Randomly, my internet connection gets slow to the point where it is practically unusable. I've tried to get help with this in the past, but I was told the problem was on my end and to try a bunch of stuff I'd already tried. Usually, the sped comes back after a few minutes or after I reboot the modem. Right now, my internet speed is less than 1mbps and has been for about an hour, even after multiple modem reboots. Here's how I'm set up:
- Fizz modem in Bridge mode
- Google mesh router for wireless
- Linksys 24-port switch for wired devices
Here's what I've tried:
- Restarted the router via software interface
- Restarted the modem via software interface
- Unplugged router and all access points and left them unplugged while I unplugged the modem
- Plugged modem, waited for all lights to turn on, then plugged in router and access points
- Connected laptop directly to modem
The last time this happened and I contacted Fizz, they told me to perform a factory reset on my modem. It did nothing, so I did not do it this time.
At this point, I know my in-house equipment is not faulty, as my speed is still slow while directly connected to the modem. I think there might be a problem with my connection to the node, but I don't know how to confirm it.
Can someone from Fizz see if my signal fluctuated unusually in the past 12 hours or so? Other users I've discussed with in other forums have said they had similar issues that were traced to intermittent physical issues.
Thank you!

Answers

• Sharpie22
    Sharpie22 Posts: 401 ✭✭
    Would be a good idea to contact customer service
This discussion has been closed.