Why does my Internet keep dropping all of a sudden?

My internet has been working great since switching to FIZZ about 5-6month ago. I haven't changed anything since the original install. However, now my internet keeps dropping randomly. I am having to unplug my modem (to reset) 4-5 times a day. I've tried changing some channel settings (2G & 5G) and I've verified all my cables. Now my kids are at the point where they are begging me to change internet provider. Does anyone have any last suggestions?

Answers

• Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    David did you try to pug your own router? That’s the manual https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my-own-wi-fi-router-fizz
    Did you try a factory reset?
    Did you try to reach fizz? To reach Fizz
    First, connect to your fizz account. And click on a help page as https://fizz.ca/en/faq/reactivate
    Wait a few seconds to see the green bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    You will have to choose to use messenger whatsapp or chat. If chat is not available wait or choose messenger.
    Please, desactivate the ad blocker on your browser.
    And patience...
  • David B. 81605
    David B. 81605 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Hi Lieux,
    I don't use a router. I've never needed one before.
    I did try the factory reset, and that helped for the remainder of that day. The following morning the problem was back.
    I will try to contact FIZZ
  • Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    David I’m using my own router in the modem and I don’t have any problem.
    Fizz will help you to verify your connexion.
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Thanks for the question
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    David,
    If nothing helps when you have reseted the modem,
    i should suggest you to contact the Fizz customer service by chat to get more technical help.
    I know that many Fizz users have suggest to resolved their problem when they choose to use the Fizz modem in mode bridge and use their own router (of better quality).
  • PsykoB
    PsykoB Posts: 435 ✭✭
    I had the same issue last week. It seems, even if it’s the same network than videotron, that Fizz is less stable than the mother company ... weird
This discussion has been closed.