How is my internet still down?

Clarisse M.
Clarisse M. Posts: 5 ✭✭
So I’ve had issues with Fizz for over a week with Fizz canceling my plan not once but twice (and me being unable to work since we can’t go to the office). I finally received the email during the night that my plan was reactivated but the modem is not working. Not all the lights are on. Just the first one. I tried everything: unplugging, resetting with the switch, hitting the hidden reset button at tbe back to restore factory settings... I tried everything several times, waited the appropriate amount on time, nothing. But worse: I tried reaching out and no one answers! The chat bubble seems down so I tried Facebook and Whatsapp. Nothing. I’ve been waiting for 5 hours on Facebook. It wouldn’t be a big deal if it wasn’t the FOURTH DAY IN A WEEK of being unable to work, losing wages, and wasting hours on Fizz’ website and trying to get help. And if it wasn’t after being charged TWICE in a week - yeah that’s what I call the Fizz swindle: they cancel your plan, you have to subscribe again, they charge you again. Twice in a week. And still no internet. And no rep to talk to. So my modem doesn’t work - or the connexion doesn’t. Do not link the Fizz’ help pages. I now know them by heart. I’ve followed every instructions to the letter, including the YouTube videos. Please and thank you.

Answers

• Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    Clarisse reach Fizz by chat. Here we are users like you we can’t do more for you. Chat with Fizz.
    To chat without problem:
    First, connect you to your fizz account.
    Then contact them at: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use
    Wait a few seconds to see the green chat bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your chat session begins with Fizz
    Please, desactivate the ad blocker on your browser.
    Or you can send a message on messenger https://facebook.com/fizzca
  • Clarisse M.
    @Lieux: as mentioned, a message was sent on Facebook 5 hours ago... and nothing. As for the chat bubble, it doesn’t appear anymore. This is what appear (attachment)
  • Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    I know I tried to have the bubble chat this morning...after 30 minutes it appeared. Be patient...that’s all I can say ...sorry for you. It looks like we need to learn patience with the bubble chat...more than usual...
  • Nomdefoire
    Nomdefoire Posts: 203 ✭✭
    This forum is only other users, not a punchbag ;)

I think Fizz is great when everything runs smoothly, but when you get to a problem it can be very annoying. That said, it's all about risk management. Risking having problems and dealing with poor customer service, but paying less per month.

If you feel that risk is not worth it (for instance, for the stability you need for your work), you should consider using another company. I'm not saying that to sound mean, but I think it's the cold truth of Fizz (and their gamble to have minimalistic customer service)

Good luck!
  • Billy N. #35415
    Billy N. #35415 Posts: 248 ✭✭
    You can ask fizz on the live chat through the website, facebook messenger or twitter. They are usually there 24/7 on social media. They will be glad to help you!
  • JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Hey,
    Is your problem fixed? Please let us know!
  • Clarisse M.
    @JoanMR: nope! Worse: each time someone new tries to answer it’s to tell me to reset my modem, which I’ve done literally dozens of times now and which I’ve told them; or to tell me that my ticket is being investigated (yeah right, I haven’t had an internet connexion for days now...)
  • JoanMr
    JoanMr Posts: 330 ✭✭
    My other answer is being moderated, so I’ll try to be more straightforward I guess in my answer. I’ve seen the chat bubble this morning. Maybe you can try again ?
  • Clarisse M.
    @joanMr Thanks for the heads up! I Tried and I was number 3 in line... then number 2 then 1... then number 2 again! I think they just don’t want to talk to me xD
  • Clarisse M.
    @JoanMr so I manager to talk to them but they were unable to help, once again. They are unable to let me know when their “investigation” is supposed to end and they don’t want to commit to giving me an update either. They won’t tell me who is taking care of the situation, just that “several departments” are involved... at this point I don’t buy it. If they wanted to fix it asap they could send a technician or even a new modem.
This discussion has been closed.