I am moving to a verified service location, do I still need an appointment for moving my internet ?

I am moving to a verified service location, do I still need an appointment for moving my internet ? There is no appointment before 10 days, and I cannot be without internet this long, because of work...

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    Amine,

Yes you need the appointment, however, if the cable is working in the new location you can connect the modem right away but you need to take the appointment, since Fizz must check your connection
  • Mando1
    Mando1 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭
    Amine,
    You do need the appointment.
    Take it as soon as possible. Check online every day to see if something earlier has become available due to a cancellation.
    You can also contact Fizz to see if they can help you with this issue.
    You will have to log into your Fizz account.
    Make your way to the Solution Hub.
    On the help page pertaining to your issue, click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner.
    The chat service is available every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The chat bubble won’t appear outside of these business hours.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Amine

You still have to make your move request known to Fizz. Otherwise you risk having your service stopped.

Pick the earliest appointment that is available. And check back on the site to see if there are any cancellations/earlier availability.

In the meantime, bring your modem with you on your moving day. If the cable internet was in service at your new home, it will likely work with your Fizz modem.

Please see more info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service

If you need help, you can contact customer support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM every day:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Open the FAQ help line above.
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
This discussion has been closed.