Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (Snapdragon) compatible with Fizz? 4G/LTE is not working at all.

I've recently bought a Fizz SIM card, and I have troubles connecting the 4G/LTE network. I've seen here:
https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1822422-xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-snapdragon-compatible-fizz-mobile-network
and here https://www.frequencycheck.com/compatibility/o1RJTX1/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-dual-sim-td-lte-tw/canada that the device is compatible with Fizz network.
I've also contacted the team many times, and they get back to me after a while and provide me with simple workarounds such as restarting my device, changing my location, re-configuring the APN, etc. which none of them really works!
Have you ever had the same experience with the same device or even a different device? (Because my wife has a Huawei Nova 2 plus and she is experiencing the same problem as well)
Only connects to 3G/H+ networks.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,779 ✭✭
    Hi MohammadAmin

Yelena is correct. That version of Xiaomo phone seems to be built for use in China and it does not have dual-frequency support for 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV).
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Looks like this phone is not compatible with Fizz frequencies for LTE which are 1700/2100 MHz. I checked the specs on gsmarena.com
  • MohammadAmin Z.
    MohammadAmin Z. Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Thanks for your response.
    I decided based on the two links I already shared, especially the one from the community. Also, I've contacted the Fizz team many times, and they have not told me anything about the incompatibility of the device, and I think there's no problem with that. I will ask them again. In the meantime, if anyone has had the same experience or knows the solution, I appreciate sharing.
  • MohammadAmin Z.
    MohammadAmin Z. Posts: 3 ✭✭
    @Daniela Yes, but as shown in the attached file, it is compatible with B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1) which is the band that is used by Fizz.
This discussion has been closed.