How long does installation take ?

Sa'eed
Sa'eed Posts: 1 ✭✭
How does it take the technician comes for first installation?

Answers

• Hrair
    Hrair Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Hey! First you have to book an appointment online. Basically when you place the internet subscription it will ask you to choose your appointment.
    It's either morning, afternoon, or evening (4hr time slot).
    My time slot was 8h30am to 12pm. Technician came around 10:30. He called and told me he'll arrive in 15minutes.
    Then he came up to my appartement with me. Checked the coax adapter with a machine and then scanned the router with his phone and activated the service.
    He then left the box on the floor and left. Since I was with Videotron in the past, my coax was working.
    Everything took like 5minutes maybe.
    Then I had to set it up myself and connect the router. Setup takes like 15minutes and then internet was working right away
  • Hrair
    Hrair Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Hey! First you have to book an appointment online. Basically when you place the internet subscription it will ask you to choose your appointment.
    It's either morning, afternoon, or evening (4hr time slot).
    My time slot was 8h30am to 12pm. Technician came around 10:30. He called and told me he'll arrive in 15minutes.
    Then he came up to my appartement with me. Checked the coax adapter with a machine and then scanned the router with his phone and activated the service.
    He then left the box on the floor and left. Since I was with Videotron in the past, my coax was working.
    Everything took like 5minutes maybe.
    Then I had to set it up myself and connect the router. Setup takes like 15minutes and then internet was working right away
  • Samuel C. 64723
    Samuel C. 64723 Posts: 166 ✭✭
    The installation process is quite fast. Especially if your home was already wired with Vidéotron in the past.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Sa'eed,
    When the coaxial câble is already install in your appartment, the installation is quite fast.
    The technician only check the signal of your internet connexion and bring you the modem.
    You have to connect your Fizz modem to the coaxial câble and follow the instructions.
    It's not so long.
This discussion has been closed.