cable connection?

My daughter has a coax cable n the new apartment she moved in does she need a tech or can she just have the modem delivered to the house

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    The tech must come to check the cable and deliver the modem this is the procedure.
    Therefore, you need to schedule the appointment.

From this page: https://fizz.ca/en/covid-19

As part of the precautionary measures against the COVID-19 virus, our technician will now leave your Fizz Wi-Fi modem at your door instead of entering your home. The verification of your connection will be done from outside. You'll then have to follow our simple instructions to install your modem and configure your network yourself. The technician will be in his truck and won’t leave until he can validate everything is good to go.
  • When I ordered it at my house then sent the modem through the mail and I installed everything though!
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    The fizz modem is delivered by the technician this is the procedure
    With the covid the tech will verify the cable and leave the modem to your door and you will install it.
    All of this is included.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Jean-Francois,

You may have thought the modem was delivered by mail. But in fact, it is the technician who leaves the modem box by your door. Fizz does not send out the modem by mail.

And yes with the self-serve installation option, we can unbox the modem and plug in the modem ourselves.

Fizz uses the mail only when sending out their mobile SIM cards.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Guess I will have to write shorter replies...
    My first reply went straight for moderator approval.
  • Kurt V.
    Kurt V. Posts: 353 ✭✭
    The technician will be able to tell you if the cable that is already installed will work. If videotron has been used in that apartment before, the cable will already be there, so no installation required.
  • Alexandre P. 40143
    Alexandre P. 40143 Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Mike gived I nice answer
  • Patrick D. 61567
    Patrick D. 61567 Posts: 346 ✭✭
    The technician is coming with the modem box. He will do more than just deliver the modem, he will check the cable connectivity and link the modem to Fizz server.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Jean-François,
    Your daughter needs to take an appointment with the technician for a self-installation.
    This technician will bring her the modem and will check the signal of the coaxial câble of the connexion.
This discussion has been closed.