Used modem for first time installation?!

Hrair
Hrair Posts: 33 ✭✭
I subscribed for Fizz Internet for the first time, and I received a used modem with deep scratches on the front glass.
Shouldn't they have given me a brand new one like others on the support have mentioned getting?
Also, why was the technician so lazy. He removed the coaxial cable to test it but didn't screw it back properly.
I asked him if he can connect the modem to the coaxial cable in the living room (cable is already there, just needs to have the tip and switched from the division box). He refused to help.
I guess I'll be switching to another provider soon..

Answers

• Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,601 ✭✭
    I hope your problem is solved. Can you please choose your best answer.
    Have a good day.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,779 ✭✭
    Hi Hrair!
    You have more questions?
  • Anne-laure F.
    Anne-laure F. Posts: 584 ✭✭
    I suggest you contact Fizz directly to get it resolved.
    -----
    HOW TO CONTACT FIZZ by Chat:
    Make your way to the Solution Hub.
    On the help page pertaining to your issue, click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner.
    Our business hours.
    The chat service is available every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The chat bubble won’t appear outside of these business hours.
    -----
    HOW TO CONTACT FIZZ on Facebook:
    Leave a message on Facebook.
    If demand is too high or it’s out of our business hours, leave us a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter private. We’ll get back to you so you don’t have to waste your precious time waiting around.
    ----
    Don't hesitate to give me a heart and/or mark my answer as the best if it was useful to you.
    Have a great day ! :)
  • Hrair
    Hrair Posts: 33 ✭✭
    No, my question has not been answered.
    The reason I am worried about the scratches is when I return the modem (at the end of service), I don't want Fizz charging me 150$ for a damaged modem (part of the contract).
    Also, about the cable. I do not want the technician to install the modem for me (I did that already). I just wanted him to cap the living room coaxial cable rather than installing it in the bedroom.
    The appartment has coaxial cables in each room. The cable just doesn't have the proper tip. I wanted the technician to cap the coaxial cable in the living room and switch the network from bedroom to living room...
    It's a matter of using the crimping tool to install the female head and switching the wires from the distribution box.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hrair,

If you want, you can take a picture today of the modem. You can also chat with Fizz support to let them know you received a modem with scratches. This way, both you and Fizz will have the info on record for future use if needed.

As for the technician, I think they will just use the cable that is connected directly from the exterior. Do you know who installed the cable into the living room? The technician cannot use the cable that was installed by a previous tenant. In any case, it sounds like you can connect the cable yourself if you choose to do so.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Alexandre,

Unfortunately the $3 internet discount cannot be gifted or shared. It is meant for your account and can only be used by you.
  • Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,601 ✭✭
    I hope your problem is solved. Can you please choose your best answer.
    Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.