I have Quebec plan and I am traveling to Calgary and BC, what do I need to do?

Silja
Silja Posts: 2 ✭✭
I am living in Montreal and I have a Québec plan. I am going to Calgary and British Columbia for three weeks this summer. What do I need to do to keep mobile and data active?
Is better to buy "add on" or travel plan or is it better to change the subscription?
Thank you

Answers

• Ari M.
    Ari M. Posts: 112 ✭✭
    It all depends on how you're going to use your phone. Go look for the travel add ons if they are good enough for your needs. If you decide to change your plan, you need to plan it ahead of your travel, since it take affect on the next billing cylce
  • Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,601 ✭✭
    Hello Silja,
    Yes, it should work if you have the Canada coverage (not only Quebec).
    And enable the data roaming to access internet.
    Have a great day !
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Silja,

It depends on several factors
    - If you signed up recently and are not benefiting from 2019 prices, then you are free to change your plan each month. Note that the change must be done at least 48 hours prior to your renewal date.
    - If you will be using your phone often while away for 3 weeks, then I would suggest to change your plan to Canada coverage.
    Otherwise if you have Quebec coverage and you would like to you use some Fizz services while away, you can either add money to your wallet or purchase an add-on.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    I suggest to switch to Canada plan (it's the cheaper option).
  • Alexandre P. 40143
    Alexandre P. 40143 Posts: 204 ✭✭
    You have to modify your plan to all Canada
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Silja,
    I think it would be good for you to change the coverage of your plan for Canada.
    It will cost you only 2$ more per month.
    Dont forget to change your plan before 48 hours of the beginning of your billing cycle.
    And, during your trip, enable on your phone the data roaming.
  • Anne-laure F.
    Anne-laure F. Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Hello Silja,
    Your data should still work if you use roaming.
    For the calls, you should add a travel add on to make it work.
    Have a good day !
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,779 ✭✭
    Hi Silija. Thanks for your fantastic question.
    You need to select Canada/USA coverage in your mobile plan. Better to change the coverage than buying addons.
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Don't forget to mark this answer as the best answer! :)
This discussion has been closed.