why was i billed for a month before my service was installed?

my instalation of service was today 05-02-20. When I signed up one month ago, why was i billed for the past month when my service hadn't even been installed yet.
Account Number 85988881
Bill Dated 04.17.20
Reciept: PR1070938
I would like a credit for being charged for a month without service

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Your first monthly payment will be charged to your credit card when you subscribe. Your payment cycle, however, will start with the delivery of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem. This means the amounts of your next monthly payments will be automatically charged to your credit card each month, 24 hours before the date on which you received your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz-home-internet
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,779 ✭✭
    Hi Anne! Thanks for your question!
    It's an prepaid service, you pay your first month before you received the modem! The billing cycle begins when you received the modem! :)
    It's been a pleasure to assist you today! Have a great day :)
    Don't forget to mark my answer as the best answer! :)
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Anne,
    Fizz is a pre-paid service.
    It's only when you order the Fizz internet service that you are charged automatically for the first mont by their system.
    Your billing cycle for the internet will start when the technician will bring your modem and check the signal of your connexion.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Anne,

Your billing is correct so far. You can see all the details on your account under my internet plan.
    As others mention, Fizz is prepaid. You pay for your first month when you subscribe. For your second bill, your card will be charged again exactly one month after your installation date.

Welcome to Fizz!
This discussion has been closed.