Second router?

Emilie P. #10
Emilie P. #10 Posts: 2 ✭✭
My router needs to be connected in the living room. There's a concrete wall in my kitchen which keeps the wifi from reaching the master bedroom. I'm wondering if I should buy a second router to install in the room. Is this possible? I tried a wifi extender, it doesn't extend far enough and the signal is still very weak. Would you recommend me buying another one of the routers that Fizz provides or buying a different one?

Answers

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 577 ✭✭
    Have you try D-Link Powerline AV2 1000 2-Port Gigabit Passthrough Starter Kit, Turn a power outlet into 2 Network connections, Up to 1Gbps, Plug and Play, 2 Gigabit Ports, Includes 2 Adapters . (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XP2BDP3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
    Once installed You could connect a second cheap router in your bedroom with one of these.
    You can return them if it does not work for you.
  • clau3166
    clau3166 Posts: 130 ✭✭
    I have this very awesome thing that plugs in your electrical outlets and then ethernet in the Fizz modem. Works quite nicely; it's the set up I use for my work from home and im on skype calls and conference calls all day, no issues!
  • Mo A.
    Mo A. Posts: 234 ✭✭
    @Emilie,
    I have a cheap solution and functional 100%, is to connect the two routers by cable, and it is very easy to configure the second router. I have the same problem like you, my Fizz router is in the basement, the second router is in the 1st floor, the speed is perfect. You have to pass the cable intelligently means that on the corner to be invisible, calculate the distance, you can by the cable at Addison electric and the router you don't need to buy an expensive one at least 25$.
    The solution suggested by @MT it is also good, in my case I tried @MT's solution but it didn't work for me, my house is old and I lost performance.
    Don't hesitate for more questions
    Regards
    Mo
  • AntonioMar
    AntonioMar Posts: 788 ✭✭
    If the problem is resolved, could you please close the question.
This discussion has been closed.