Cannot Gift Data for a Friend in Contacts?

Sergey M.
Sergey M. Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi All,
I'm trying to gift data for my friend that is added to the list of contacts. But it does not work with message that contact does not exist.
This used to work before. I did gifting to my fried and it was working.
I also tried to delete contact and add it again. It also working good.

Answers

• Damek G.
    Damek G. Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Hi Sergey,
    It is likely that your Friend or family member might have incognito mode turned on for the privacy settings. Henceforth, that would explain why you cannot send her a data gift. Or, may it be because you are trying to gift rollover data?
    Even, is it possible you don’t have a data plan?
    Or your friend doesn’t?
    Either way, to check their privacy settings, you will need to first long into Juliet’s account.
    https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/overview
    •Following that, go to “My Profile”
    •Once there, go to the bottom of the page where you can see “Privacy”
    •Click on the privacy tab, which will, in result, bring down a section with 3 options;
    “The Full Experience”
    “Private Membership”
    “Incognito”
    •Select “The Full Experience” and try once more sending data.
    If the problem persist, I strongly advise you to contact support to avoid the same situation another time.
    To contact support:
    Go to this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, if you are not connected, login first.
    •Their business hours are : 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST). (Every Day)
    •Wait 5 seconds for the bubble icon to appear at the bottom right of the browser and click on the icon to chat with support. If you happen to have issues with that, I recommend you try using another browser (E.g. Google, etc)
    •If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for answers surpasses FIZZ’s processing capacity. If that happens, send them a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.
    Best Regards!
  • Abdul R. #3217
    Abdul R. #3217 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Do you have data as part of your plan? I know that was a problem that I faced.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,889 ✭✭
    Hi Sergey,
    If you cannot gift to your friend, make sure that your friend's mobile number is still active and that their plan includes mobile data. Also your friend has to make sure their account privacy setting is set to "The Full Experience" and not "Incognito".

Once those items are confirmed, you can log back on your Fizz account to proceed with gifting.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,077 admin
    Hello Sergey,
    I apologize for the error you've encountered, I suggest you reach out to our support where you can have this situation resolved.
    Our contact methods can be found on the following FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, you need to be connected into your account and click on Help, which is on mid-right of your screen, then click on Contact Us, or simply click on the link I've provided.
    Keep in mind that the answer on Facebook messenger is not in real-time and a delay can be between your question and our answer, that is why I suggest you contact us by chat for a better resolution in realtime.
    Have a good one!
    Nicolae Bogdan
This discussion has been closed.