Does Fizz offer a VOIP phone line option?

My current internet provider gives me a separate VOIP line for $10/month and includes a few options. I'm tempted to switch my internet to Fizz, but only if I have the option to use this land line since I spend quite a bit of time on the phone doing interviews and such.

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Louis,
    Sorry,
    Fizz doesnt offer VOIP line.
    Just Fizz mobile plans and Fizz internet plans.
  • Alfio
    Alfio Posts: 398 ✭✭
    I will second the voip.ms service. I use Linphone as the softphone. I also have Fongo, but then again I like playing with technology.
  • hc0468
    hc0468 Posts: 168 ✭✭
    VOIP and internet are independent.
    See if you can keep your VOIP line with your current provider with a different internet provider. That might be simplest.
    In general, you could choose a separate VOIP provider as it will offer you more flexibility. There are many good ones.
    voip.ms is good value overall. Anveo is very technical. Freephoneline/Fongo are mostly free. And there is a very long list of others as well. The ideal choice for you depends on how technically inclined you are.
  • Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 494 ✭✭
    Maybe in the future, for now it does not.

Good luck!
  • FizzFanTim
    FizzFanTim Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Ooma has pretty robust VOIP service since it requires some hardware. It’s about $5 a month. Could be a good option if you go for Fizz by using reference code H5IH2.
  • __________
    __________ Posts: 2,610 ✭✭
    Why don't you give Fongo a try as some users suggest? That may be a good solution. It's reliable and well known.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 13 ✭✭
    No it doesn't.
    I do have freephonline,com and use a cisco ata modem just fine since I own the SIP key. Voip is working great.
This discussion has been closed.