I already settled in Florida for the winter, can I setup my unlocked Canadian android cell from Pomp

Or should I wait to come back to Canada, Merci, Christian?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,637 ✭✭

Yes you can use the Fizz sim in florida and activate from there.

However, you cannot receive the SIM there, the SIM is sent in the subscription area (someone can send it there for you), moreover, ths SIM cannot be used for more the 3 consecutive month outside the subscription area. If you plan to stay more than 3 consecutive months, probably you are better of to use a local provider, and probably a VoIP systeème to have a Canadian number (for example using Fongo)

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area

here

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

The expanded coverage zone is for our mobile members who travel in specific regions not covered by the Fizz network (Subscription area). It is intended for occasional coverage, and applies to Quebec, Canada and USA.

The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network (Subscription area).

We reserve the right to block access to all of your Fizz mobile services if your mobile services are used primarily on partner networks (Fizz EXT) for 3 consecutive payment cycles.

If you need a referral code this is mine K61CD, with this code you will receive 25$ to be applied to your 3rd payment.

It is important to add the referral code must be used during the creation of your plan when the taxes are shown

• Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Yes you can and good for you, Christian.
    What's the temperature like down there now?
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Yess you can....
  • Alfio
    Alfio Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Fizz will not deliver the SIM to you in Florida though. You will need to make arrangements for someone to forward it to you. Fizz will only mail it to the home zone address. Like Mike says, better to use another service if you plan to be there for a longer period than a month or two.
  • Jason B. 35371
    Jason B. 35371 Posts: 118 ✭✭
    This, I think, is a huge selling point for a lot of people using Fizz (myself included!). As long as you already have the SIM card in your possession, you can do the setup. As long as you aren't using the majority of your data outside the coverage area for longer than 3 payment periods you should be golden.
This discussion has been closed.