why my PUK code isn't working?

Options
Hi, I had the new SIM card and I just activated it, but when it ask for a code,, the pin 1234 doesn't work, the PUK doesn't work.
I've try to add manually the FIZZ network, but it isn't in the list (setting mobile network-->APN) and I can't add it. My phone isn't block, I was with telus for years with a monthly plan without contract. Also I haven't reach the 10 try yet, so I know the SIM isn't block because of that.
On the fizz website, it say ''if your PUK code doesn't work, your SIM card is out of service.'' but I juste received my SIM card, how can I know that if I buy a new one I won't have the same problem?

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options
    Hello jonathan,
    You phone seems to be network locked. You will have to contact your previous mobile service provider or the store from which you've purchased your phone so they can unlock your phone to be used on other mobile networks. For more about this, please check:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-mobile-phone
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have an awesome day!
    Catalin
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    Some phones will just lock to the first sim you put in, even if you purchased it outright and not on contract. Telus will be able to give you an unlock code. If it's a Samsung phone, the chat can also unlock it for you an samsung.ca
This discussion has been closed.