Message not sent: service not activated on network ?

Why am I unable to send or receive messages in media form ie: pictures , gifs , and long text messages ?
This only occured when mobile data is turned off or run out of data (like at the moment)
I don't understand why fizz mobile prevents us from sending MMS messages as every other low cost provider has this included under the "unlimited text messaging" irregardless that you have data on.yout plan or not.
This is F@*#$ing B&#$S2$&

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭
    Yeah in order to send MMS you need to have data. Since fizz count the use of data, they give us 250M per month on average enough put not for everyone.

Probably they will count the MMS in a different way in the future.

It is good to have shared, since they read the community and they will take into consideration your point.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

Sorry you need to have data and it must be turned on to be able to send/receive MMS.

Unfortunately Fizz plans are not unlimited data plans, but you have several options.

- You can purchase a Data Add-On to tie you over until your next renewal.

- A friend or friendly member of the Fizz community can gift data to you.

Before your next renewal, you can also relook at your Fizz plan and make any changes you deem appropriate.

• Jesse M. #7505
    Jesse M. #7505 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Both your answers or condescending. I made it clear it seems that I have noticed data needs to be enabled and available on my plan .
    I find this unacceptable considering public mobile, chatr, lucky have MMS included with unlimited text messaging and messages sent and received have no impact on your data. Whether you have some or not. The only thing is with the other guys data must be enabled on the device in order to download and send MMS.
    I don't see any savings now that MMS is chewing on my data.
  • Mike
    I agree with you, but this is the way that is working.
    MMS needs data, the only different that Fizz they will count data use and they do not differentiate the MMS :(
  • Fizzy

Sorry you feel this way. I want to state that all the carriers you mention, the data is at 3G speed. Whereas with Fizz, you have LTE speed, so it is akin to comparing apples and oranges.

Additionally with those carriers, if you use up your alloted plan data, your mobile data speed is reduced to a snail's pace.

So there are benefits, but also cons as well. No carrier is perfect, but you should be able to do research and choose one that you will be happy with.

• Mike
    @Allison you are right, in the meantime, not a lot of users makes the difference between SMS/MMS for them an MMS is an SMS with a picture :D
    Therefore, they think is unlimited SMS with picture, since on the phone is a message
  • Jesse M. #7505
    Jesse M. #7505 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Quite honestly throttled 4g and LTE , I don't feel as if my webpages load any faster because they don't. You will only see a a difference with downloading large files or uploading them. Real world 5 minute long video uploads and live tv streaming in HD runs fine on throttled 4g. And with 8 gig monthly with previous provider and 8 gigs now It still gets consumed in the same amount of time, so snail speeds not so sure.
    Alison you're right theyre aren't hiding anything but they're not being honest either. To the majority of users an SMS with a picture In it is still an SMS as the magic happens in the background when it flips over to MMS. A very long sms also gets sent by allot of devices depending on settings as an MMS even though it's simple text. And this limitation isn't visible or mentioned until you read the purposely verbose mile long terms and conditions. That to me isn't for people by people mindset.
    It should simply say unlimited text *
    * Plain sms, Multi media requires data.
    It's not like Cogeco gonna go bankrupt for.a few collective gigs monthly of MMS. They could and should just include that.
    Just search the community hub, too many people are like WTF about this issue.
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    I understand your frustation. Just one note, Fizz is owned by Quebecor/Videotron, not Cogeco.
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Fizz has other features that no other provider has, such as data rollover, data gifting, reference discount, bonus data... And the prices are very competitive.
  • Fizzy

This is a public forum. Most of us are customers like yourself. Like myself, there must be some reasons why you joined Fiizz. Before making any drrastic move, you can always contact FIzz customer service and ask if they have any plans to include unlimited MMS or unlimited throttled data.

If unlimited MMS is a must for you, then you can join other competitors and you will have it.

• Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.