Home Internet connection via Apple Airport?

Dragos V.
Dragos V. Posts: 24 ✭✭
I am planning to subscribe to Home Internet. The actual configuration (with Videotron) involves an Apple Airport that serves as firewall. Can I use the same configuration with Fizz? Should I ask for a VIP installation to be sure that everything is up and running after the installation?

Answers

• Dragos V.
    Thank you Mike!
  • Stéphane B. 10644
    Stéphane B. 10644 Posts: 783 ✭✭
    @Dragos, as Mike wrote follow the guide and if you have questions, please come back to this forum for assistance.
    If you need a reference code on your 3rd invoice, you can use PEM01.
    Regards,
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    You can pick any referral code from this thread -
    https://community.fizz.ca/questions/2042667-referral-code-25-bonus
  • Dragos V.
    Thank you for the offer. However, I don’t think I am eligible to use the code. I am already a Fizz customer for my cell services.
  • Najia
    Najia Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi guys!

I have a similar question to Dragos, but I wasn't sure if I should create a new question or not. So my question is that I have newly subscribed to Fizz internet home service and I have an apple airport extreme 4th generation A1354 which apparently came out in 2009 with wireless standard 802.11a/b/g/n, gigabit ethernet, guest network, radio type: dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz, MIMO: 3x3:3 (in each band), IPv6 router modem, but not over PPPoE. My question is should I use it like Dragos and configure the modem to work with it or is the Fizz modem/router capabilities superior to my apple router? Also, what's up with Fizz's modem? It's huge!

I used to have it connected to my previous Teksavvy modem and kept both wifi networks from the Smart-RG Teksavvy modem and the Apple Airport router. I don't know if that is the reason why I used to have trouble connecting my devices to my networks (it would take about 30 minutes to connect a laptop once it was opened after being shut down for a while, but our mobile devices didn't have any problems connecting) Also, my internet service with Teksavvy was DSL, maybe that was another factor affecting my connection. I also have a printer, a HDD, and a magicjack connected by ethernet. We also have 4 laptops, 3 smartphones, and 2 tablets that can be connected simultaneously.

Thanks a bunch!

This discussion has been closed.