If I port my number out, do I get a prorated refund?

Linda K.
Linda K. Posts: 1 ✭✭
If I port my number out, do I get a prorated refund for the rest of the month?

Answers

• Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Do you mean a number from another provider to Fizz?
  • Michael K. #1172
    Michael K. #1172 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    From Fizz out to another company. I want to cancel fizz.
  • Yelena
    If you subscribed less than 15 days ago and used less than half of your data, you will be reimbursed. Otherwise there is no refund since it is a prepaid service. Wait until the end of your payment cycle to unsubscribe.
  • Stéphane B. 10644
    Stéphane B. 10644 Posts: 783 ✭✭
    Not that I'm aware of. Maybe you can contact Fizz support and double-check with them.
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Yelena has the best answer. You can select that answer as "best answer" and close the discussion.
  • Yelena
    @redhead: cheers ;-)
    @Linda, Michael: I forgot to mention that if you want to keep your current phone number, you have to subscribe to another provider and transfer your number before unsubscribing from Fizz, otherwise you will lose your number.
  • Thomas K. #8135
    Thomas K. #8135 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    No Fizz is not prorated . I ported out one of my number and used only 2 days, and Fizz won't refund me other 28 days.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,645 ✭✭

@ThomasK, contact the support,

read the following text extracted from this page https://fizz.ca/en/faq/unsubscribe

Issuing you a refund is an essential component our trial period. The trial period is 15 days. (This excludes customers who have an approved Proof of disability form; the trial period is 30 days).

Trial period refunds apply only to your monthly fees. Additional expenses such as Add-Ons, Travel Add-Ons and usage purchased with your Wallet will not be refunded.

To receive this refund you must not have exceeded:

• The trial period: 15 days for everyone, with the exception of customers living with a disability (who have completed the disability form)
    • 50% of the data included in your monthly plan (unless you have an approved Proof of disability form)

To close your plan during the trial period, use the same process detailed above (with or without keeping your phone number). If you meet the above criteria, your cancellation request will be activated immediately — you won’t have to wait until the end of your payment cycle and your refund will occur automatically.

This discussion has been closed.