My data usage appears to be high?

daddio
daddio Posts: 5 ✭✭
I recently signed up and my data usage appeared to be accurate in my fizz account. Yesterday I was on the road in the US and I do have the Canada and US coverage. I used it the previous day in the US and usage seemed normal. Yesterday’s usage says over 1g of data used and yet I used Waze for parts of the day and some regular usage otherwise when not driving. My iPhone reports regular usage as well and Waze only taking about 80megs since the last time I reset my statistics about 6 days ago. I’m curious as to why it would show so much over usage and how that will affect my actual data allocation I’m paying for.

Answers

• daddio
    What do you mean by OTA updates? As in software updates? If so, no only on wifi.
    I did forget to mention that my phone stats show that I have about 800megs total usage since June 28th. So really does not add up how I could have used more than that just yesterday.
    How do I go about contacting them? I don’t have Facebook.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,637 ✭✭
    OTA= Over the air
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    @daddio: did you contact the support? What is the conclusion?
  • daddio
    I did contact them this morning yes and in the end it got escalated to the next level of support. As far as they are concerned it is correct but sent it to next level to confirm. Have not heard back from them yet. I will update when I hear back.
  • daddio
    A quick update on this. Today, my usage for July 3rd is appearing at around 80 megs which is closer to what I would have expected and now yesterday’s usage is showing at over a gig of data. Looks like my precious day’s usage shows the cumulative total that I’ve used since signing up. If I had to guess at this point looks more like an interface issue.
  • daddio
    Previous day... not precious day
  • Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    It happens to me too. I check my data usage on Fizz page often, and I noticed that some days there is 0 data used (which is incorrect) and the next day the usage is a bit high. I guess you're right about the cumulative usage.
  • Louis B. 20961
    Louis B. 20961 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I looked my data today... I think I need to go back to school because I do not know my math anymore. 10G - 1.803G = 9.11G (Fizz math) not 8.2G (my math rounded). I think the last day details is not good because I did not use my connection today yet!
This discussion has been closed.