ipsec and l2tp is not working on FIZZ.

samisheikh
samisheikh Posts: 192 ✭✭
I am unable to use IPSEC and L2TP VPN to connect home. I have ran packet tracer and can't see the connection to my firewall. There is supposed to be a VPN passthrough option in the modem which is missing from the FIZZ modem.
Anyone else having issues connecting to IPSEC/L2TP?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    These options does not exist on mine either
  • samisheikh
    I did, about two weeks ago. They asked me three times what exactly I am trying to achieve, and they have escalated it to their network engineers and so far no response since 2 weeks.
  • samisheikh
    my last resort would be to put the modem in bridge mode and use my firewall as my router.
  • samisheikh
    The only problem with that is that I am currently using two different firewall/VPN gateways, and they're both connected to the Fizz modem. If I put it in bridge mode, the Fizz modem won't hand off two public IPs.
    I'd have to resort to a re-architecture, and spin off a segregated VLAN for the other Gateway.
  • samisheikh
    Hi Mike,
    Sure that would work for one of my VPN/FIREWALL gateways. I have two VPN/Firewall gateways both have their own vlans and routes, and those routes are shared amongst both gateways, so if I was to plug one gateway into another, it would hit a routing loop unless I created a special VLAN and segregated the wan for the second gateway to it's own subnet.
    I hope I was able to explain what I am trying to accomplish.
  • samisheikh
    So IPSEC all of a sudden started working about 2-3 months ago. Not sure if it had to do with the 2.0.10.43b8 firmware update.
This discussion has been closed.