Does the service not connect to a partner service during a FIZZ outage?

Greg Dowhan
Greg Dowhan Posts: 2 ✭✭
I'm just wondering why if FIZZ's network is down, do we not connect to a partner network? (Such as Videotron or Rogers) as though we are roaming? I just switched to Fizz this weekend and starting to think that this was not worthwhile if there are outages on a bi-weekly basis. Will have to hold off on switching my wife over too. What a waste buying sim cards.

Answers

• Raghav
    Raghav Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I am connected to Data Only Network with Vidéotron after fizz went down. Go to settings ,under network settings search for mobile networks if using an android, then tap to register to a network available.
  • Matt Smyth
    Matt Smyth Posts: 4 ✭✭
    My service is down in NL. Though previous to this it was great for the last week.
  • Martin Guay
    Martin Guay Posts: 3 ✭✭
    If you enable ROAMING it will.
  • Serge O. #3665
    Serge O. #3665 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Agree with the switch over to other cie. Wifi appl would be nice for those that have wifi
  • Gerald L. #254
    Gerald L. #254 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Different versions of down. We are currently connected to a dead network. Roaming would only kick in if we did not a network to connect to. Like when you travel and there is no Fizz Network it would connect to a partner. This is not the case since we are physically connected to Fizz still.
  • John T. #1614
    John T. #1614 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I've tried all other providers sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's as if the FIZZ sim cards are rejected from all networks.
  • Martin Guay
    Martin Guay Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Working fine on FIZZ Roaming. Also working Fine on Partner networks.
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    That is a great question.
    It is like if their system is down, we cannot even roam.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

It's a digital world. Not only was network down, Sim cards were not working as well  =(

Mobile is up again, but you most likely already know.

Please close this post by clicking on the button Make this a best answer?

This discussion has been closed.