Adding static routes to Fizz modem Coda-4680?

Options
Wilmar Perez
Wilmar Perez Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi all,
I need to add static routes to the Fizz modem to be able to reach an internal lab network. I cannot find a way to do that in the modem itself or any related (i.e. non-existen) documentation for this modem. Has anybody found a solution for this?
Thanks

Answers

• Wilmar Perez
    Options
    Thanks @Mike. That is Port Forwarding though. I am looking for static routes configuration instead.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,743 ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry but if you want to reach an internal network, from the WAN you need to expose the port.
    Static routes are used to overwrite the standard one as the gateway. If you want to do with your client for the internal network, you can do in the client.
    I do not know, and I thought that was a mistake for this I answered with the port forward.
    Sorry
  • Wilmar Perez
    Options
    Thanks Mike. I appreciate the reply but I think you've got it a bit confused. Static routes are a way to tell the router to follow a specific path instead of letting it decide automatically. So, at home the default network for your modem is 192.168.1.0/24, if you have another network, let's say 192.168.20.0/24, your router will try to reach it through its own default gateway (i.e. the WAN connection), that is why setting up a static route is useful.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.