Coverage questions?

Options
There are three colors on the MAP, a dark green for a subscription area, a light pink for a coverage area, and a grey for nothing.
1. If I were to choose the Canada coverage plan and I were to travel outside the green subscription area into the pink do I pay anything extra or just my regular bill?
(I assume however you answer this is how it works for USA as well)

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    You don't have to pay extra and it's included ( with restriction https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks
    ) only in Canada ( US is not included )
    In order to use your phone in US you need Canada + US coverage
  • kobray
    kobray Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Options
    No extra fees!
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Options
    No extra fee at Fizz!
    If you are out of your plan coverage, you just wont have phone services, unless you have money in your wallet, which I strongly do not recommend, or you have bought an add-on for the zone you're in.
    So, if you have a Canada wide plan, it does not matter wetter you are in a pink or green area and you
    can feel safe about allowing data rooming at all time, you will never have to spend extra money, ever!
    But, if you exceed 50% of use in any the pink area for 3 consecutive months, Fizz might suspend your account.
    As for the grey areas, it only mean that there is no cell signal available from any provider.
    Chizz :))
  • Adam A. #3745
    Adam A. #3745 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options
    As long as it's included in your plan, you won't have any surprise fees. Typically, when roaming, it'll charge you a fee to roam at most companies, however to my understanding, Fizz will simply send you a text message notifying you that you're outside the coverage area and will propose that you get a travel plan.
  • Lopresor
    Lopresor Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Options
    @Adam Abitbol, if OP has a Canada + US plan, I don't think the roaming applies since technically he will still be the in the covered zone. I doubt he will receive a notification about roaming either.
  • Adam A. #3745
    Adam A. #3745 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Options
    @Lopresor, sorry, I didn't mean if he's on the canada + US he'd get a text, I meant if he was on the normal Quebec only or Canada only.
  • Lopresor
    Lopresor Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Options
    @Adam Abitbol, Oh I see, no problem. In that case yeah obviously he would be roaming and chargges will incur.
    @OP, have your question been answered ? If so, you can choose the best answer and end the discussion.
    Have a great day.
  • Victor Azzi
    Victor Azzi Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    No extra fees. Everything is prepaid, so if you end up going somewhere that isn’t covered you will simply lose service, not be charged extra.
This discussion has been closed.