Transferring from Virgin, unable to input PIN?

I am trying to transfer my number over from Virgin to Fizz but I am unable to insert the PIN. Some have recommended using the IMEI instead however not only do I have a new phone which I plan to start using but my current phone with virgin is not the phone on my virgin account as it stopped working and I never contacted virgin to update my profile.

Answers

• Sohaib O.
    Sohaib O. Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Hey Mitchell,
    You'll have to make sure that your phone is unlocked. You should be able to ask virgin to give you the necessary informations to unlock it, since the law passed against making people pay to unlock their phones.
    Hope this helps!
  • Mitchell J.
    Mitchell J. Posts: 8 ✭✭
    So the moto g6 play (new phone) and current iphone 5 are unlocked. Last night I tried to transfer service to the moto but for one reason or the other I couldn't do it online. I submitted the transfer number form using the moto g6 IMEI but it didnt work. I got off the phone with virgin who were able to transfer my service to the moto g6 so the IMEI is now on my virgin profile. I tried to resubmit the phone number transfer request however it won't allow me to resubmit the same IMEI twice.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Pin is only required if it's prepaid. Otherwise you can use you account number or IMEI.
    For the transfer, it could take up to 2 hours to be completed
  • Mitchell J.
    Mitchell J. Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Just submitted the form again with the account number, will see if that works.
This discussion has been closed.