How long is customer information stored?

Frank Michlick
Frank Michlick Posts: 11 ✭✭

I've reviewed Fizz's privacy policy, but it's very ambiguous when it comes to the question how long customer data is stored. I'm interested in finding which information is stored at all and how long. For example:

• cells booked into
  • phone numbers called/calls received
  • text messages received/sent
  • billing data
  • communication with support
  • activity on website
  • internet traffic data from mobile internet access

I've asked Fizz support, but they have been giving answers that don't really relate to my question. Anybody else had better luck/has more info?

Answers

• Oury
    Oury Posts: 243 ✭✭
    This is a community hub and none of us work for fizz.
    I personally don't know but I think for as long as your subscribed, your information will stay.
  • h3ll
    h3ll Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Ive been curios about that too... I figure they must be data mining our usage...
    VPN FTW
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Go to my profile --> contact form, ask fizz these questions.
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    No fear if there is nothing to hide
  • Frank Michlick
    Frank Michlick Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @Oury: I'm aware this is a community hub. Thought someone might have gotten a better support from them than I did.
    @h3ll: I hope they are not selling the data, but the privacy policy is unfortunately quite ambiguous. It's similar to other providers, but at least some of them have a FAQ with additional answers. I wish we had stricter laws.
    @Thomas: You think I'll get a different answer than in the chat? I'll give it a shot.
    @Ed: Privacy is a basic human right. If you don't care about yours, it doesn't mean that others don't have the right to care about theirs. To quote Edward Snowden:
    "Saying that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is like saying you don't care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say."
  • TrainFood
    TrainFood Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Its a branch of videotron so u shouldnt worry too much lol its not some random provider from china
This discussion has been closed.