Somewhat slow upload speed

Hugoco
Hugoco Posts: 3 ✭✭
Just moved from Videotron to Fizz.
Testing with Sppedtest Ookla I'm getting better ping and same good download speed.
But upload speed is slightly slower. 17 or 18 instead of 20 or a bit more.
Any clues about this issue?

Answers

• Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Did you test with over Ethernet or Wifi? Over Ethernet will give you a most accurate result of the speed of the line. Over Wifi, you're better to test over 5gh with only one device connected to the modem. 17 or 18 is actually a good result over Wifi... Test on other devices too. Make sure the device is not doing upgrades during the tests. Otherwise, chatting with Fizz is the best solution.
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    I guess Videotron didn't open all their capacity to Fizz mobile, neither Fizz internet. Kind of like you're in a subset of Videotron. It's normal speed is not as good as Videotron.
  • Tuan
    Tuan Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Very rare that you will have slow upload speed, especially when you do a speedtest directly connected to the gateway. Usually people will have trouble reaching the ideal download speed. I would recommend you test directly connected to the modem and report back. If it is still lower than desired, then it's a problem on Fizz's side.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Someone has reported with a similar issue using wired connection. That person also reported when using Microsoft Edge to perform test upload result is better, closer to 20.
This discussion has been closed.