Is it possible to disable message reception?

kamurb
kamurb Posts: 58 ✭✭
If I have data only plan and I will load some amount in wallet for voice call, but I don't want to receive any messages. Is it possible to disable message reception?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    If you don't want to receive any voice mail you can disable it by using this forwarding guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-call-forwarding
    Look for Deactivate functions example #61#
  • kamurb
    Where I can find deactivate functions?
  • M T. #338
  • kamurb
    Thanks.. But I am asking about SMS messages? Can we individually deactivate voice call or SMS?
  • M T. #338
    Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant voice mail message.
    I'm not aware of any Fizz method to prevent incoming sms.
  • M T. #338
    If you have a android phone you can try this to see (your own risks):
    - setttings
    - app & notifications
    - app permissions
    - sms : you can disable sms app from sms permission -- I'm not sure about the consequence of this setting !
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    You know incoming SMS is always free. If there is a way to disable SMS notification, it's easier than finding a way to disable SMS. I know Fido can disable SMS so Fizz should be able too, but it's kind of very hard to find someone in Fizz know how to do it.
  • DinoS
    Can be done, but not for Fizz.
  • jmam
    jmam Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I am not sure how to disable it. However, from what I read, incomming SMS are "free", You would not get charged for it.
  • kamurb
    @Jean-Michel, is incoming SMS are free? I doubt if you have only data plan.. Please clarify..
  • DinoS
    Incoming SMS is free, so just disable the sms notification is easier.