I can't share my phone's data to another device. Anyone has this problem?

Options
When I was using my other provider before Fizz, I was able to share my data to my girlfriend's phone. Now with Fizz, I can't. The other device always write that the DNS is incorrect. I have reseted my wifi settings to start over everything. It does the same thing even if I share via Bluetooth. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem and how can I change the situation? I know how sharing works and how to configure it so I don't understand. Thank you.

Answers

• Shane L.
    Shane L. Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    I also have this problem. I do not receive any texts when I ask for the settings to be resent. I manually configured the APN as per their tutorial but no dice for data sharing.... I attached my APN settings. Any ideas?
  • François B. 2276
    François B. 2276 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I finally found the answer of this problem in another poste somewhere on the dark side of the Internet with the help of a friend.
    Change the APN type to this and it will work.
    APN Type: default,dun
  • Shane L.
    Shane L. Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    Ça marche. Merci! Thanks!
  • François B. 2276
    Options
    Tant mieux, j'avais oublié l'existence de mon post depuis. Nice!
  • Guy H. #50
    Guy H. #50 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    Merci Francois B, j'ai le meme telephone Moto G6 play dont j'avais essayé (il y a deux mois) de faire la connection avec ma tablette. Je pensais me desabonner... Je ne comprend pas Fizz de ne pas donner un meilleur service. Ils ne m'ont jamais aidé sur ce sujet...
  • François B. 2276
    Options
    En tant que tel, Fizz n'ont pas de soutien technique proprement dit. C'est ce qui fait qu'une compagnie peut se permettre de diminuer les coûts associés aux lignes et au service fournit. Le partage de connexion ne doit donc pas faire partie de l'entente de service pour le peu de support disponible actuellement afin de limiter la durée des appels de service.
  • kamurb
    kamurb Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I have also faced problem in sharing Fizz data through android hotspot for my laptop with Windows 10. I have figured out that Windows firewall is blocking it. If I disable Windows firewall in my laptop, I could browse internet by sharing the Fizz data. Anyone know, how to solve this data sharing with Windows firewall enabled?
  • kamurb
    kamurb Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    I found that there was issue with DNS Config, I have changed it to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from automatic retirevel in IP4 internet configuration, then internet started to work on my laptop with Fizz data hotspot.
This discussion has been closed.