Are texts sent to my phone free when I am in the USA?

AlmightyPain
AlmightyPain Posts: 114 ✭✭
Are texts sent to my phone free when I am in the USA. Is it free to recieve a text while I am in the USA as long as I do not text back. Do I pay the daily roaming fee if a text is sent to my phone while I am in the USA.

Answers

• Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    There is no daily roaming fee as far as I know. I don't know if received texts are free or if you'd be charged an à la carte price each. If you have no money in your wallet, you'll either receive the text for free or won't receive it until you cross back into the coverage zone. There won't be any surprise bill at least.
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭

I asked a similar question here:

https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1907468-texting-us-european-numbers

And Fizz (Oana) told me this:

You won't be charged if you send sms to an US number.

• Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Receiving texts are free if you are in your coverage/plan area. If you have Can/US plan, then it's free for you to send and receive texts if you are in the US...no other charges. If you do not have the Can/US plan, you can add it if you know ahead of time when you'll be in the US. You can change your plan every bill period to suit your needs since this is prepaid. Other options are to purchase an add-on for the US for minutes or texts depending on your needs or put money in your wallet for pay per use. (good for low usage).
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    To complement Kenny's post: note that if you change your plan, you may lose launch prices!
This discussion has been closed.