Data Roaming charges outside of Ottawa area?

Options
My wife and I have just switched to Fizz and we have both had all our wallet funds consumed for data roaming. We live in Ottawa and have the Canada Wide data service. I added additional funds to my wallet after this first happened and it happened again yesterday. So far almost $50 has been consumed. I submitted a question via Facebook Messenger and have not received any answers yet. In addition, my phone has data roaming set to off, so unless I am missing something, I don't know how this should occur.

Answers

• ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm confuse, since you have a Canada wide plan, I'm wondering why you keep money in your wallet?
    Better to reach to Fizz CS through their chat then Facebook messenger.
    Chizz :))
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Options
    This is not the first time it has happened to someone. You will want to deal with customer service to get your funds back. I had the same thing happen to me at Christmas but they must have been able to fix it for me because it didn't happen again when I was in Niagara falls a week ago. There's clearly a bug of some kind in the back end network setup.
  • TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Options
    You can maybe try to reach someone here on open hours: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
  • James D. #2445
    James D. #2445 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I will try to reach CS via chat during their open hours. We have money in the wallet since we rarely use the phone to talk but wanted to be able to pay for talk time from my wallet if needed. Secondly, I rarely use messages so prefer to just pay for them using wallet funds.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    Known bug. Don’t leave any money in your wallet.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Options
    Hi James,
    In order to help you further with your issue, please log-in to your account and contact us by chat or private message on Facebook. You have the info here on how to reach us: "https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us".
    Have a great day!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.