Anyone else can't receive SMS/MMS message as of Feb. 4th?

DeniG
DeniG Posts: 6 ✭✭
Everything was working fine previously, started today Feb 4th. Oneplus5 / Android 9.
Issue isn't with the phone as I've inserted a friend's Fizz sim into my phone and his texts worked fine. I inserted my sime into his phone and SMS still didn't work.
The usual, reboot was done many times.

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Several users (not all) have intermittent issues with SMS recently.
    You should contact Fizz via chat to address this issue.
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    iphone SE works fine. So it's Android problem :)
  • Fatima K. #2363
    Fatima K. #2363 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Yup, I'm also having this problem. Sometimes my phone gets slammed with a bunch of notifications that were being missed for the past 3-4 hours.
  • DeniG
    Tech support had fixed the issue earlier this evening. SMS server needed to be rebooted or something along those lines.
    Now its happened again, but it think I've figured out why. I requested an SMS verification code from an app called Authy (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.authy.authy).
    So sms is down again, I'll contact support in the morning
  • Dave031
    Dave031 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I had problems too with OnePlus One / Android 6. I notified the technical team via chat. I'll update this post as I get more info.
  • Wagner R.
    Wagner R. Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I have a Oneplus 6 and I had the same problem , after doing everything possible that I found on internet, nothing worked. So I decided to put the sim card in my old Nexus 5 and it worked just fine, I was able to send and receive SMS and MMS without delay after changed the APN setup for Fizz. After 24 doing tests and everything working fine on Nexus 5 I put the sim card back to Oneplus 6 in the SECOND SLOT , surprisingly everything worked fine !!!! SMS and MMS without delay. So I don't know if the second slot has something to do with this, or is there some kind of incompatibility between Fizz network and Oneplus 6, but I finally solved my problem after almost 3 months !
  • Kyle C. #853
    Kyle C. #853 Posts: 86 ✭✭
    If you're on Android, try what I did: divide the APN in 2: one for your data and 1 for your MMS
    Data:
    Name : fizz
    APN: mobile.bm
    Mmsc: leave at not set or default
    MMS proxy: leave at default or not set
    Mcc: 302
    Mnc: 500
    Apn: type: default,sill
    Apn protocol: IPv4
    Apn roaming protocol :IPv4
    Mms
    Name : fizz mms
    APN: mobile.bm
    Mmsc: HTTP://mms.mobile.bm
    MMS proxy: MMSproxy.mobile.bm
    Mcc: 302
    Mnc: 500
    Apn type: mms
    Apn protocol: IPv4
    Apn roaming protocol :IPv4
  • DeniG
    @Kyle - Unfortunately on one APN is active at one given time.
  • DeniG
    For all those following this thread, the issue for SMS verification with an app called Authy. if you request a validation SMS from the app, Fizz SMS server cannot handle the message and actually blocks the SMS queue.
    Fizz team needs to purge the queue each time this happened.
  • Kyle C. #853
    Kyle C. #853 Posts: 86 ✭✭
    @deni G. Try editing your current one and add a second one. It's the same idea as the Fizz manual APN instructions, you just add another Apn and make both look how I wrote them. Let me know if you have questions. :)
  • Kyle workaround for dual apn worked for me.
    Thank you. I had the issue for over 3 month. S8 plus.
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    The network is quite stable now, the issue must have been fixed
This discussion has been closed.