Interurban?

Hi! Do anybody know if there is any interurban fees? When I call from Quebec city to Abitibi-Temiscamingue, I get a message saying "this is an interurban call". I have the "Québec" coverage, should I take the "Canada" coverage instead to avoid fees (although Abitibi is part of the province of Quebec)?

Answers

• Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Hi Jesse:
    If you have a Quebec coverage and you are calling from within that area, you shouldn't get that message. If you are calling any phone number within your coverage area, you shouldn't have any problem. This is not a coverage issue. So getting the Canada coverage might not fix your problem. I would contact Fizz if I was in your shoes.
  • DavidP
    DavidP Posts: 301 ✭✭
    There is no interurbain fees for the call within your coverage zone. You can ignore the message. In French the Whizz answered that it is because the Cell Towers don’t know which plan you have with Fizz and it is an automatic message. https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1873966-frais-interrurbain
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    No there is no fees for calls within Quebec.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Are you dialing the number with the country code (1)? In any case you can safely ignore the message, as you have the right plan for Quebec calling.
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    K.T. has the right answer!
    Chizz :))
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Just ignore. If you're calling from Quebec city to Gatineau, it's a Long distance , but it's covered in your quebec plan. Just ignore it, you won't be charged.
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    At Fizz, if it's not part of your plan, it just wont work, unless you have money in your wallet.
    So NO surprise with extra fee, if you keep your wallet empty!
    Chizz :))
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Just press 1 in front of your number and you won't hear it. If you're not allowed to call that number, it simply not work, unless you have money in your wallet. For example, just call 1-418-xyz-abcd , instead of 418-xyz-abcd