Texts Not Sending / Duplicate Texts

Options
Curtis H.
Curtis H. Posts: 2 ✭✭
I've been with Fizz for about 6 weeks now.
From day one, I've had/still have texting issues.
I'll send a text, and it will say on my phone (Message Not Sent) The poor recipient is texting me back saying they get the text either 4 or 8 times.
Some people will get my MMS 8 to 10 hours later. Some texts hang on 'sending' for hours also.
I'm on a Galaxy S7. To disprove it's a phone issue, I put my Fizz SIM in a brand new Galaxy S8, exact same issue. So, it's not the phone, it's the service.
I have a ticket open with Fizz, but no joy so far.
Anyone having this particular issue?
My number was ported over from a Bell.

Answers

• Matthew M. #838
    Matthew M. #838 Posts: 69 ✭✭
    Options
    Did you let the Fizz settings get autodetected or did you manually set you apn? If auto, maybe try the manual way?
  • Curtis H.
    Curtis H. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    APN Settings are correct.
    They were inserted automatically once I put in the SIM, but I have crossed checked them with Fizz site.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    SMS works fine , but MMS is always not reliable.
  • Sean Smith
    Sean Smith Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    I get the same problem.. in addition to that.. sometimes not receiving a text from someone or hours/days later.
    Very annoying.. I need texting to work properly! I even have the correct APN settings as per Fizz's site - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn
  • James M. #1533
    James M. #1533 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options
    You should try switching your cell tower settings maybe. Try using a partner network and trying sending a text message. If that doesn’t solve the issue then I guess the last resort is to try a new SIM
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Options
    Reach out to Fizz for help