Android Wifi Calling feature using Fizz network

Jamie O.
Jamie O. Posts: 1 ✭✭
The wifi calling option on a Android phone is disable. It was working on Rogers network. Will Fizz enable this feature so that we can use are primary number using Wifi? I don't want to use a 3rd party app with another number. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Answer ✓
    Hello Jamie,
    At the moment, the wifi calling option is not available. But thank you for the suggestion, we'll be forwarding it to the team in charge.
    Cheers.

Answers

• Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Anthony, it depends on the carrier and the phone that you are bringing in. Typically, there's no issue with iPhones. However, for Android phones it is not so obvious. I was able to use wifi calling on my Google store bought Pixel 2 on Fido. But I did see on the forums that many people with Pixel 2s unable to get WiFi working on Fido.
  • Frédéric D. 5630
    Frédéric D. 5630 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    YES PLEASE! DO enable wifi calling! Were I live I am surrounded by mobile towers but whenever im near my house the signal drops for every carriers I tried.
    Would it be possible to contact me or maybe everyone in this thread when the feature gets turned on?
  • Frédéric D. 5630
    Frédéric D. 5630 Posts: 11 ✭✭

Dear Whizz of the Fizz Team, could you please post it in here when the feature becomes available? I really need this feature so I've subscribed to the thread and am now waiting patiently.

Thank you.

• Kévin L. 43705
    Kévin L. 43705 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    When Fizz will add Wifi calling, we are in 2020, all carriers have this option without your company . There is someone who can work on that ? Because some people use the wifi calling outside country. I use wifi calling when I’m outside the North America . Now , I’m disappointed, I though to with with you to save money and kept this option .
  • Francis L. 13755
    Francis L. 13755 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I would benefit from so much when I'm at home.
    I only have coverage if i hang by the window :/.
  • Jackson L. #12844
    Jackson L. #12844 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Has there been any progress on enabling wifi calling. I need this at the cottage where Fizz EXT is very weak.
  • Andrew P. #33762
    Andrew P. #33762 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    It's 2021, is there any plan to introduce wifi calling?
This discussion has been closed.