How can I transfer my number from Fongo (voip)

Hi everyone, I am new here. I just received my sim card and would like to transfert my existing Fongo phone number. How can I do that ? I have read in the forum that others did but didn't found any explanations ? thanks

Answers

• When you activate your new SIM there will be an option to use your existing number, then you will need to input your account number. It can take up to 2 hours, but mine was ported over in about 5 minutes.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    I want know this too. Nobody answer this question before. I guess a manual porting need to be involved.
  • Jiangzhou H.
    Jiangzhou H. Posts: 7 ✭✭
    You can do this when you activate your card and order a plan. Normally, you need to provide your account number in your previous provider. however, it depends, mostly it goes smoothly, sometimes you will confront some problems and can not do a transfer by the system automatically. in such condition, you need to fill a contact form in your file and do a transfer manually. good luck.
  • The problem Is we don't have account numbers with fongo... What info can we provide. The Fizz FAQ shared by M.T.doesn't mention Fongo
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz
    Thanks for letting me know. how you guys made it happend
  • Jiangzhou H.
    Jiangzhou H. Posts: 7 ✭✭
    you can also use your IMEI number to do a transfer. To find the 15 digit IMEI number in your phone by dialling *#06#.
  • IMEI won't work with Fongo since it is Voip... Anyone did it?
  • So... I tried to transfer my number... as soon as I enter my phone number the system tell me that it cannot transfer number from Landline.... other people on the forum did it... anyone has an explanation ?
    I just want to recap... I am with Fongo (voip company), I don't have an account number and IMEI won't work with my situation.
    thanks again
  • I got an answer from Fizz. It is impossible to import a number from Fongo. Case closed. Thanks
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Did some research. Someone port number from fongo to Koodo, then from Koodo to fizz.
  • Jack888
    Jack888 Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Last year I transfered my fongo number to petro canada mobile,this year I transfered the number to Fizz. Buy sim at a petro canada station,activite on line ,you get a number ,call service you can transfer fongo number to petro canada mobile.It took 7-10days.(10$ sim+10$ voucher)+tax
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know because I was about to ask the same question as a family member is considering porting to Fizz from Fongo.
This discussion has been closed.