Why has my data not been working since I activated my sim card?

Since I have activated my Fizz Sim Card my data has not been working. I have paid for 6 GB and have yet to be able to use any of it. How can I get my data to work? It your network really that terrible? Should I look into new providers? How do I get a refund for you not providing a service I paid for? How long will it take to get fixed as I bought this plan so I would have coverage while in the United States and I leave Saturday? I'm asking here because after your company asked me to privately message you on Facebook I received a copy pasted text about how to fix my text messages, which fortunately is the only thing that works!

Answers

• Simona T.
    Simona T. Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I have the same problem. I got Fizz yesterday and the data is not working. I did the set up and nothing, still no data. I do not like the fact that we cannot talk to a technician for technical support. or am I wrong and didn't find the information about this. Any idea?
  • Rosie B. #1074
    Rosie B. #1074 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Thank you for the help I appreciate it. The instructions worked for my pixel phone, but it doesn't work for my parents' iPhone 5. Any ideas why that is?
  • Anthony I. #889
    Anthony I. #889 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    @Rosie for an iPhone you simply need to accept a carrier settings update and your phone will download the APN automatically.
  • Pat D. #256
    Pat D. #256 Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I am not sure if Fizz will work on an Iphone 5. You need IOS 12.1 and the oldest phone to get that update is Iphone 5s. There are reports of people finding a work around with IOS 11 on Reddit.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Hey Rosie,
    Were you able to configure the following settings for your iPhone as described in our FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn
    Jay