If choose "no" for minutes unlimited?

Johnx
Johnx Posts: 4
edited October 15 in My Mobile
Hi, just a quick question, if I choose "no" for "minutes unlimited" when I set my plan, does it mean that 1) there is no any minutes / not able to call, or 2) there is limited minutes, e.g. 1 hour for each billing cycle, if it's 2), where I can see the "limited minutes"? Thank you.

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,148 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Johnx

1. You will not able to call or receive calls
    2. You can buy an addon or in some province you can add money in the Fizz wallet (it seems not available outside Quebec) If you buy an addon in your account you can see the minutes used and remaining (however, the will rounded, 10 seconds will be count as 1 minute)

Answers

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    edited October 14

I'm also without minutes and we get a text to say when we have a call but we don't have any details about the call.

There are certain places like Ottawa, Toronto that would have the portfolio as well.

There is an added minutes available.

You can see the minutes once purchased in your account next to texts and data.

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 722 ✭✭
    edited October 14

You can see add-ons using this link : https://fizz.ca/en/add-ons

Here are minutes adds on possibilities : 10$ for 300 minutes or 3$ for 60 minutes. These minutes last up to 2 billing cycles : they will expire if they're not being used.

• spaghetti
    spaghetti Posts: 89 ✭✭

If you choose "no" for "minutes unlimited" when you set my plan,

you must have money in your wallet in order to receive and make a call, it's $0.25/min within Canada. pay as you go.

or, you can buy an add-on, $3 for 60 min, no matter how many days are left in your payment cycle. Each Add-On is valid throughout your current payment cycle and the next one. 

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 753 ✭✭
    edited October 14

If you choose no minutes, you won't be able to receive calls.

If you have voicemail, you will not be able to receive voicemail either.

When you buy an add-on or use pay as you go for minutes, you will be able to receive calls and voicemail. You can add money to your wallet (in Quebec/Ontario under "my plan">"manage my plan">"the extras">"wallet") to access pay as you go rates ($0.25 per minute) or you can buy an add-on, the rates which can be seen under "my plans" and clicking "add-on".

You can find the number of minutes remaining under "My plans" when you log into your account.

Minutes will be subtracted for as long as the call lasts (rounded up to the minute meaning a 25 second call will be billed as 1 minute).

Conference calls with multiple people are billed by the minutes multiplied by number of people.

A reminder that unsolicited calls will also eat up your minutes if they leave you voicemail. So if you receive a lot of junk calls you might want to reconsider picking no minutes.

You can find more information here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services#3

• Johnx
    Johnx Posts: 4
    Thank you everyone for your kind reply, much appreciated, that answered my question. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.