Is there a problem with data network?

For the past 2 days, I have an "!" indicator on my mobile data icon on my phone. My data reception has been horrible (works ~1% of the time).

I have done all that has been suggested by tech support and still no data. Even when I'm in "roaming" the data does not work.

I find it highly frustrating that one has to jump through hoops in order to troubleshoot problems with Fizz and getting help difficult at best.

Didn't have that problem at FM or PM.

Giving me XX GB of rollover data, that can't be used, is useless to me.

I also went 2 days without voice service. It was fine on the Tuesday, then no service on Wednesday or Thursday, and fine on the Friday.

There were no changes to any settings on my phone pre or post, but yet I had no service. Again jumping through hoops by turning phone on/off, turning airplane mode on/off, removing/inserting sim card...etc.

One should not have to do all of this, it is quite obvious that the problem lies with the Fizz network and not my phone.

Lastly, it's been over a month now and they still can't figure out why people calling me don't hear a ring tone on their end. It rings fine for me, but they hear nothing.

Thia causes a lot of callers to hang up and try again because they don't know if they've connected to my line.

Am I alone with these problems or are they common issues others are having?

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 848 ✭✭

my friend's phone also had the issue where people call and can't get a dial tone. It worked when we toggled volte on the phone. when we looked at her signal, it was very weak without volte we don't hear the dial tone. Now, they switched to a iphone 16 from iphone 7, the signal significantly increased. First troubleshoot is to identify if the issue is your phone or fizz/location. if you can access another phone, check to see if your sim in that phone works and if their sim in your phone works. Also turn off automatic network and see if you are able to connect to EXT network and see if that gives better signal connection

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I have no such issues. My voice connections are stable , they ring on both ends, and my data is always working. I am in Winnipeg, which is always EXT.

• awesomedude99
    awesomedude99 Posts: 18 ✭✭

Hello,

Not really any difference in call quality as such but Yes I have seen the switch between FIZZ and EXT. From GTA, Ontario.