Android "Sign in to network" notification plus lack of mobile data

notquite
notquite Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 20 in My Mobile
Hi all,

Since this afternoon around 8 hours ago, my mobile data is no longer functioning and Android is giving me a "Sign in to network" notification. I am still able to send/receive calls and texts, but not MMS.

I have sufficient data for the month and I am not roaming (in Montreal). Here is what I have tried so far without success:
- turning airplane mode on and off
- restarting phone
- removing SIM card and re-inserting
- manually selecting various Fizz and Fizz-EXT mobile networks
- re-installing Fizz's network configurations

Does anyone other ideas of what could be going wrong? I also notice many iPhone users unable to use MMS as of roughly the same time, though I have an Android so not sure if that's related.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Fizz seemed to have some issues after maintenance yesterday. Try again today and see if you still have these issues. if it persists, contact support

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,184 ✭✭

Hi @notquite

Verify that you still have data available in your account, if you have contact the support since the system ask the sign in when you don't have data anymore

You can always contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

• notquite
    notquite Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi everyone, it seems to be working this morning! (I originally posted this during the evening of September 16.) Thanks for all of your help.

Another thing I tried last night was placing the SIM card into an iPhone, which reproduced the problem. So I suspect the issue was at the level of my Fizz account, which was fixed today.
This discussion has been closed.