Stuck on Fizz-EXT --resolved

Fredweet
Fredweet Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited September 12 in My Mobile

A while back I posted about my pixel 7 being stuck on Fizz-EXT, as if I was a new customer for 2 months. Well after many attempts with customer service agents amd the trouble tickets, I resolved the issue myself by swapping out sim cards. As soon as the sim swap was completed with an agent I had Fizz network. With the option to select Fizz-EXT

This shows that the agents don't have much insight or capability to do much.

I am really disappointed that I had to figure this out on my own.

Best Answer

• Fredweet
    edited September 9 Answer ✓

If You are in the primary subscription area. You should have fizz Network if you are in the secondary subscription area. You might be on Fizz-EXT all the time. So be mindful of that and that's absolutely no problem. It's part of the way Fizz is set up it seems. I've learned a lot over these last few months

Check out this app it Will allow you to see where the towers are and you can see where Freedom mobile has coverage in Ontario and that's where you should have Fizz :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ertyu.towerlocator

Answers

• OlivierRobert
    OlivierRobert Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

Sorry you had a bad experiense with the customer support. Thanks for letting us how how to fix it!

• oldskool
    oldskool Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi BeakBird :) I am having the same issue, did you replace the sim card, or just remove and replace the same card in the phone and it resolved the issue? Thank you :)

• oldskool

Sorry, BeakBird, just realized you did not post the problem :)but responded to it.

• oldskool

HI Fredweet :) Did you swap out the sim card for a new card to fix your Fizz-EXT issue or just remove and replace the same card? Thank you :)

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 1,563 ✭✭
    edited September 9

Thanks for A trick!

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 151 ✭✭

Good morning @Fredweet

I am also on EXT all the time.

As @oldskool asked, did you swap out with a new SIM card or just remove and replace the same one?

• Fredweet

I'm in the northern strip of Niagara region (Ontario).

a full coverage area for Freedom mobile, which is the towers Fizz uses in my area predominantly with Rogers being the Fizz EXT.

So customer service recommended me remove my SIM card and put it back in .... did nothing. They recommended me wait 3 days and restart my phone. Well I've done that for 2 months. They said they're looking into it. I even used a different phone for a week that didn't help. I was in the US for 4 days coming back. That didn't make a difference. I went to Sault Ste Marie for 4 days... No change. I've also put my phone on airplane mode for a while and back to service and that didn't help. So I took matters into my own hands and purchased a new SIM card and had customer service swap the SIM card over for me and that ..…. immediately solved it

Hope that helps. I'm not sure if it will work for everybody but it did for me.

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 151 ✭✭
    edited September 9

Thank you for the update. Appreciate it.

It is curious. I am in Winnipeg, no towers identifying as Freedom (or Fizz or Videotron).

I haven’t had any troubles at all on EXT and will go back to not thinking about it LOL!

Cheers,

Brad

• oldskool

Hello@Fredweet! Thank you for your extensive reply. I am in southern Ontario and will check out your TowerLocator link. Have an amazing day!

• Fredweet
    edited September 9

Calgary has freedom towers. Quite a few of them. For instance, 3 at the Calgary airport :) @BradDoell

This discussion has been closed.