What does add a user to the plan do?

Nath6464
Nath6464 Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited September 6 in My Mobile

like is it shared data or you just get control over someone else’s plan? If it’s shared data, is it a shared phone number or 2 different phone numbers?

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,928 ✭✭
    edited September 5 Answer ✓

Hi @Nath6464

to get it short, it is to manage your plan.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-add-user-to-plan

If you want to share data, you need to use the referral code (however, this can be a problem with an account with multiple plan, since only the first plan will receive the data) or if you know the person even better the phone number in this way you are targeting always the right plan.

Answers

• OlivierRobert
    OlivierRobert Posts: 3,016 ✭✭
    edited September 5

It is not shared data, you both get your own plan but its on the same account. Even if its not shared data you can still gift data to the other phone number. If you want to save some money I would sudgest you to create a new accont for the new plan so you can refer it with your own account. So you will have 40$ off on each plans after 2 months.

• I used this for my daughter's phone, which is a second phone line that I am paying for- both lines are under my name and account as the adult that is responsible for the two phone plans. When I set up "add a user", it adjusted her phone line to be under her name and associated with her email address, while I still control payments and management of her plan. She can post in forums, gift data, and add fizz friends under her phone line, and all of that will be separate from me (as in I won't automatically share her fizz friends, and can post in forums separately with my own username).
This discussion has been closed.