Net work set up on new account

DavKar
DavKar Posts: 4
edited August 26 in My Mobile
I switched carriers to Fizz yesterday and got a message about 2 texts I would receive to set up FIZZ network access. The instructions I got to get to this stage were easy to follow but the 2 texts are not. I decided to test my network access first and found the following:

When I switch off my WiFi the LTE icon appears on the top right corner of my home screen
I can access websites using this LTE WiFi off setting
I can send/receive texts with media attached as an MMS using the LTE network
After sending/receiving MMS texts my data usage shows that data has been used.

Based on this I conclude that everything is already configured and I can skip these configuration steps. Do you agree or am I missing something?

Best Answer

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    edited August 26 Answer ✓

Everything looks to be in order.

The reason they ask you this is because this info is usually stored in the SIM and can be updated "over the air" as there is the option to force an update this way through your account options under mobile plan.

You can double check to verify your settings here if you feel it to be necessary:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn#2

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,184 ✭✭

Hi @DavKar

Usually, the settings are imported from the SIM. The configuration texts are just to be sure. But yes, your test shows that your configuration is correct.

• DavKar
    DavKar Posts: 4
    My switch from my previous carrier to Fizz was a lot easier than I expected. As a senior and snowbird, I know several people who have stuck with an inadequate carrier simply because they thought it would be too difficult to change over and too difficult to continue coverage when they crossed the border into the USA. The ability to adjust features and coverage levels at will makes this ideal for travellers.
This discussion has been closed.