Fredweet Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited August 13 in My Mobile

My OnePlus phone shows all available

carriers in my area but my pixel 7 doesn't. Just the fizz ones

Why would that be.

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 838 ✭✭

I think it is based on the software of the phone. My pixel bundles all 3 fizz ext together as one as well. iphones would display 3 separate fizz ext.

Also based on your picture, I'm suspecting you recently joined and haven't switched to fizz network yet and is still on fizz ext by default. once you switch it might only show you fizz and fizz ext.

• Fredweet

Thanks @wenhan

I have been with fizz for 1.5 months. Have yet to connect to Fizz. Always on Fizz-EXT. I've had a tech ticket open but no resolution so they closed it. They keep telling me the are aware and working on it.

As suggested by tech support as something to try,

I put the SIM in my older OnePlus 8T and I could see Bell, Telus, Freedom in all flavours including Rogers 2G!

The Pixel doesn't show anything but Fizz-EXT.

• wenhan

i think on pixel all the networks are merged together as fizz ext. this is based on the face that when i got to places with no rogers signal and i know bell works it'll still connect and show fizz ext. probably just how google structured its version of android.

• Fredweet

Ok that makes sense.

I was in a non Rogers nor Freedom area, just like you mentioned, where bell for sure had coverage and it was still connecting full bars.

Ok that's makes sense!

• wenhan

ya. there is a downside though when it only displays 1 network for all 3 because the preferred choice by fizz for partner network is rogers first so it can connect to rogers and not go to the other two. where I'm at roger signal can be super bad. Fizz speed is 80 mpbs, rogers is 20 mpbs, bell and telus 120 mpbs+. when i force it go use fizz ext, sometimes i get dirt slow speed when it connects to rogers then other times its super fast. I wish pixel would show 3 different fizz ext networks.

• Fredweet

Ok. Good to know. I wonder if there is any way to change that at all. Developer options or a patch of some sort

• Fredweet

Developer options doesn't seem to have much in this regard for pixel 7

This discussion has been closed.