is there a flip phone that will work with Fizz?

Tantantan
Tantantan Posts: 47 ✭✭
edited August 7 in My Mobile

I know its sounds crazy, but does any one know of a flip phone that is supported? Basically i want to just have a second fizz flip phone for only unlimited calls. Like a home line.

Thank you!

Answers

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited August 6

Yes many, Look here

List of phones certified VoLTE with Fizz 

How do I know if I can use my own phone with Fizz? | Fizz

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,072 ✭✭

Hi @Tantantan

You need to check if it has the right frequency

• A phone that only allows 3G configuration or HSPA network preference must support:When you buy a new phone, the supported frequencies are usually listed in the technical specifications. If not, do a search on the Internet. There are sites that will confirm the frequencies supported by your phone once you enter its IMEI in their search engine. The HSPA 850 MHz frequency for calls. The dual frequency 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS or band IV) for mobile data.The dual frequency 1700/2100 MHz (also called AWS)

However, probably the 3G will be dropped at the beginning of 2026, after that data the phone must be VoLTE certified by the provider in order to be able to use the calls

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 706 ✭✭

You could but you would most likely have to find one that specifically advertises it 4G and check the frequencies it supports because Fizz/Freedom don't have as big of the frequency band allocation as the big 3 telecom companies.

Fizz doesn't certify flip phones at least not at the moment. Your best bet would most likely be to buy a phone and try it out and return it if it doesn't work.

• CandyCris
    CandyCris Posts: 1,112 ✭✭

Fizz sells the TCL flip, so it should work:

https://fizz.ca/en/product/11288?upc=889063520416

• Tantantan
    Tantantan Posts: 47 ✭✭

thanks everyone for all the informative and detailed information!

This discussion has been closed.