just mobile data?

Tantantan
Tantantan Posts: 47 ✭✭
edited August 7 in My Mobile

Just wondering if any one is doing the max data, and no wifi at home. ( My area does not have wifi available via fizz)

Best Answers

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Good morning @Tantantan

The plans vary from province to province. In Manitoba, the max amount of data that can be purchased on a monthly plan is 10GB, much lower than in other provinces, and would not meet my needs.

You should start by logging into your ISP account and check your usage history and compare that to what plans are available to you.

Phones are certainly capable of tethering, but are not ideal in all circumstances. The battery will drain quicker unless plugged in and their range is short. I have 32 devices connected to the internet in my home, so for me, using only a phone would not be an option :-)

I hope this info helps.

Cheers,

Brad

• BeakBird
    BeakBird Posts: 3,191 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I guess it would depend on how much data you consume at home per month.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Max here in Ontario is 80GB but I use ~200 GB on home internet so it wouldn't work for me.

• Tan2
    Tan2 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It’s a good way to limit your usage/work/general usage. But might be hard on your phone cause you need to use it so much. Not sure if it’s worth using up your battery life.
  • Tantantan
    Tantantan Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

thank you all for your insightful and helpful comments!

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 1,542 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

If you are gaming, latency may be higher via mobile than wired.

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 1,009 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Depends what you're using it for. If you have a lot of devices, it might not be ideal.

This discussion has been closed.