Very poor image quality

aype
aype Posts: 12 ✭✭

So, I've been testing that for a big week now, have even unsubscribed/resubscribed to go from basic to a bigger selection of channels but what annoys me the most is the very, very, very poor image quality.

I was so excited to being able to watch the Olympics ceremony via this, but got fully let down. It's not even just a resolution thing, it's a signal compression thing. This is bad and it borderline hurts the eyes.

Is that the case for everyone or do you need to set up something somewhere to improve that? I have a 500Mb connection and I see all my content on YouTube in glorious 4K without any issue.

I understand that you can't push a 4K feed to everyone, but the app should be smart enough to know the quality to display depending on the user's bandwidth.

So sure it's cheap for now and I'm happy to test new things, but if they intend to raise the prices while keeping that ridiculous quality, that is going to be a big effing no-no.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,879 ✭✭

Hi @aype

at the moment Fizz send the image in HD and not FHD or 4K

Moreover, the Radio Canada channel use to have a lower resolution.

You should post here all the channel with poor quality in this way Fizz can verify and do something about it

• Soma
    Soma Posts: 144 ✭✭

Oh, that's not good to hear. I was going to sign up, but gonna pass if compression results in grainy image.

• aype
    aype Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited August 8

Hey @Soma , it's not really about grain. Imagine low resolution and high compression codecs...

I think it's still worth signing up and testing because $2 per month is super cheap for the basic package.

Haven't had the time to do a full round of quality check because of work and family but I believe that Fizz managers should do that themselves as well.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 627 ✭✭

If you're still having issues you can access the dedicated support team in the Fizz TV in-app chat (Settings > Help > Customer Service team)

• TonyRama
    TonyRama Posts: 33 ✭✭

it's mostly CBC/Radio-Can channels and subchannels when watched directly, but sometimes the picture looks fine when cast from the phone to a Chromecast.