Does anyone know if I can change the phone number within 48 hours of activating?

lukeleung
lukeleung Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited August 4 in My Mobile
I've just been told I will be losing access to my corporate number soon and want to port it over to Fizz. Does anyone know how I can get around not being able to change my number within 48 hours of activating my sim?

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 838 ✭✭

you need a new sim activation to be able to port a number. if you want to use your current sim then you have to cancel your current plan (which will cause you to lose any referral bonus and phone number). if you want to keep your current number and activate with the current sim then you have to port out the number (won't be able to get refund as it is not a cancellation). otherwise get a new sim card and activate a new account and port the number over.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭
    edited August 3

You'll have to deactivate your plan first.

Once your current plan is deactivated you can reuse the SIM. You can then follow the instructions here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

There might be a lockout period to reactivate your SIM after cancelling a plan but I'm not sure about that.

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,931 ✭✭

Hi @lukeleung

You can change your phone number on an active plan without problem.

You cannot porting a number in an active plan. You have 2 options

• Use the 15 days trial period, if this the first plan activated in your account
    • Buy a different SIM

However, since the number it is a company number, you can endup having problem

Your number is not eligible for transfer.

If your phone number is associated with a landline or VOIP, it cannot be transferred over to Fizz.  Same goes for an administrative phone number — for example, a number associated with an organization or public institution. You must choose a new number.

You should validate with the support https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

This discussion has been closed.